Back in May 2020 when we took the decision to delay Poacher by one year to 2022 we remained hopeful that Poacher 2022 would be as amazing as we had hoped for 2021 but there was always the 'Covid Niggle' of what its impact would be? Would Guides and Scouts still want to come? Would groups still book?
All we can say is WOW. Since 20th September when we released our update the registrations have been coming in daily and over the past 2/3 weeks this has been followed by deposits as those registered places turned into confirmed places ahead of todays Early Bird Discount Deadline.
We are now delighted to say WE ARE FULL. We have reached our capacity of 5,200 participants.
However, we are aware from our booking system that this means there will be some disappointed groups who haven't been successful in being allocated places. As things stand....
- The Booking System has been turned off so that we can review the bookings in a fixed position. You can no longer make any adjustments yourselves or register for Poacher if you haven't already.
- If you have received a receipt (these are emailed direct from our booking system) your places are confirmed for the number of places you had indicated in your estimated participants.
- If you haven't received a receipt but know your monies were paid to us by 31st October - please bear with us as our Treasurer works through these and processes the receipts - it has been a busy 48 hours of receipts being received. You will have your receipt by Friday 5th November if you have been allocated places.
- If you haven't yet paid us any monies then, at this time, you don't have a place at Poacher 2022.
The Senior Management Team are meeting this week to review the site map. Whilst we are committed to restricting numbers to allow for extra spacing per camper we will review again, if we can prevent disappointment, we would love to do so but we also want to ensure the event meets the standards we set out in our statement of 20th September.
Following the outcome of that meeting...
- We will contact all groups registered but unsuccessful in being allocated places directly by email during week commencing 8th November to update them.
- We will contact all groups who have been allocated places to confirm and set out the procedure for any possible adjustments to those numbers. At this time we can't guarantee that any upward movement in numbers would be possible.
Please bear with us over the next week. Queries can still be emailed to email@example.com where the team will endeavour to help you.